- WAKE events require active club membership.
- Some events require participants to have specific skills.
- On-water activities require a signed liability release on or before the day of the activity.
- Email the event contact person directly to learn details or sign up; email@example.com for general questions.
- This event has passed.
Trick Your Ride Kayak Maintenance & Gel Coat Repair Demo
April 22 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
A workshop for people who want to work on their kayaks or want to watch how repairs or modifications are done. We will begin at Sterling Donalson’s Kayak Shop at 5421 Guide Meridian, Unit D. Sterling will be demonstrating a gel coat repair. After the demo we relocate at Barb Francis’ garage to work on our own boat repairs and modifications.
10 am: Meet at Sterling Kayak Shop for gel coat demo.
1 pm: Set up work station. Bring your boat and your tools for your project. Saw horses may be helpful too. The garage and driveway can accommodate many kayak work stations. The driveway area will be covered by a canopy, depending on weather conditions.
- Applying keels strips on kayaks.(www.keeleazy.com)
- Installing an underdeck storage bag and underdeck bilge pump storage.
- Adding deck lines to a kayak that has none. This will require drilling many holes in the kayak deck…
*Attached is a useful materials resource list for your review*