- WAKE events require active club membership.
- Some events require participants to have specific skills.
- On-water activities require a signed liability release on or before the day of the activity.
- Email the event contact person directly to learn details or sign up; email@example.com for general questions.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Tides and Currents – Full
January 31 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
January 30 and 31, 2018
Introduction to Tides and Currents – Class is FULL
• Course is aimed at Kayakers.
• Learn the reason why currents occur and some issues they present for the kayaker.
• Learn to predict tides and currents and to understand the underlying hydraulics.
• Learn what resources are available to help you predict tides and currents in and around the San Juan Islands.
• Practice using some of these resources for planning trips.
Class will consist of two 2-hour classroom sessions, held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 7:00-9:00. Homework will be assigned for practice between the two sessions.
This is an Introductory class aimed at kayaking in the San Juan Islands. It will guide you through the concepts behind tidal exchanges and associated currents. Including how to integrate tide and current predictions into trip planning. Knowledge of tides and associated currents is an important safety concern for kayaking in the islands.
Class is free to WAKE members. Attendance is limited so please don’t sign-up unless you are sure you can attend. Attendance at both sessions is necessary to get the most out of the class.
To sign up send me an email. firstname.lastname@example.org