- Monthly Meeting
- Speaker: Lou and David McKee
- Topic: Readings from the Klee Wyck Journal
- Time: Feb 20, 6:30 social, 7:00 meeting start
- Location: Central Bellingham Library
WAKE (Whatcom Association of Kayak Enthusiasts) is a non-profit, social kayaking organization based in Bellingham, WA. We encourage any adult who wants to paddle in the many areas of the Pacific Northwest to visit us. Our focus is sea kayaking, however, we do have many whitewater kayakers as members. Because paddling conditions in the Pacific Northwest are typically cold and fickle, WAKE emphasizes safety in all sponsored events: training, occasional day paddles and trips, annual events and monthly meetings with speakers addressing all aspects of paddling.
- WHEN: We meet the third Tuesday of the month, with the exception of June, July and August. Meeting dates/topics are posted on the website home page and calendar, and announced in the newsletter.
- WHERE: The downtown Bellingham Library, lower level. [Map]
- WHO: The public is welcome to attend WAKE meetings. Feel free to visit and check out our schedule of events.
Membership is $25 per individual/$40 per household. Fees help pay for WAKE trainings, events, meeting room rental, website, newsletter software and insurance. To find out more, visit our Membership page.
Events and Trips
Day paddles, trips, and the WAKE Symposium are members-only events. Participants must have a signed liability release form on file prior to participation. Visit our Calendar for event listings and details.
PADDLE ON SHORT NOTICE! Sign up for WAKE’s Short Notice Google Group to receive e-mail blasts for last minute (1-3 days in advance) paddle opportunities in local waters. Contact Tom (email@example.com) for details.
**must be a member to participate**